Friday, April 15, 2011

Music to my ears....

I can honestly say that nothing in my life has sounded as amazing as hearing my baby's heart beat for the first time. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and although I was not scheduled to get an ultrasound, we ended up getting one at the doctor's request. The doctor wanted to check on the status of my OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulated Syndrome). This is the condition that has made me have Monster Ovaries for the past two months. This is also the condition that has kept me from being able to exercise for the past two months.

The best news is....Baby Bice is growing and healthy and has a VERY healthy 178 beats per minute heart beat. The good news is my ovaries are finally starting to shrink and I have been given the "ok" to start exercising again, as long as I am not over doing it (no half marathons in my near future).

We had our first ultrasound was when I was approximately 6 and a 1/2 weeks along. Since then, we haven't had one. I also haven't had any major symptoms. No morning sickness or anything to keep me assured all was well. So getting this ultrasound was a blessing. It reassured me all is well with the baby and he or she is growing properly. Hearing that heart beat, strong and loud, was like music to my ears!

I will post some new pictures of Baby Bice soon! It's amazing how much they change in just a few short weeks. We are so proud!! 9 weeks down, 31 to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment