Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday America

I have to think ER's and walk-in clinics all over the country are full of people with minor burns today! That classic combination of alcohol and fire always makes an interesting mix. We had a free show last night, as most of our neighbors purchased and blew up lifetime supplies of fireworks. It was gorgeous to see, but I was glad we were not the individuals lighting the fuses.

Thankfully today we are not visiting any ER's or walk-in clinics for minor burn wounds related to pyrotechnics. Unfortunately.....I feel as though I could visit a clinic...for a different type of burn wound.





Please note...this burn, right on the inside of my knee (worst spot EVER to be injured) is from a retractable leash. This is what happens when the leash gets away from the handler and the dog is running full speed ahead! The leash wrapped around my leg before I had the chance to even jump out of the way!

I am trying hard to act brave, but this freaking hurts! And the worst part for me....No running and probably no weight lifting until it starts to heal. This stinks, as I have finally hit my groove. Who knows.....I may just try to grease it up and work out anyway....we shall see.

We hope you and your family are all happy and safe. Hopefully no one burned any fingers and everyone has all body parts still in their proper places! Happy Birthday America...sorry it's a day late!

No comments:

Post a Comment