Thursday, July 29, 2010

This could ignite a slow clap followed by jazz hands

I sometimes feel like my life could breakout into song at any given moment! Similar to Glee (of course) or maybe even (going old school) Grease (Brandon would have made a great T-bird greaser).



Unfortunately my life would not be nicely choreographed, like my examples above. I consider myself rhythmically challenged....and to be the owner of two left feet. What can I say....This song will be without the dance.

Just once I would like to find myself in a spontaneous situation where everyone not only knows the impromptu dance that has started, but nails every last step. Then...as the dance ends, we all clap and pat each other on the back...as if to say "that was completely normal (happens all the time) and we nailed it!"



On the other hand, I have been listening to Eminem's new album Recovery quite a bit lately. I am not sure his music is meant to be accompanied by choreographed moves, leg kicks, twirls or jazz hands. And to be honest, I am don't think anyone is prepared for my life to breakout in song....at least not Eminem's. But...if they do- hold on tight...there could be a real show about to happen and I expect, if nothing else, a slow clap to follow my performance!



In all seriousness, I am enjoying Eminem's new album. If this life breaks out into song, just don't look over here because I may be doing jazz hands, as I have no other knowledge of or ability to dance.

This is not me...but it could be...with lots of hard work, sequins and a bedazzler!


No comments:

Post a Comment