Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where ya been?

This blog has suffered some recent neglect, but it's not completely my fault. The past month I have been out of town for at least 2 weeks. The rest of the time....well...I guess there just hasn't been much to blog about.

I joined the extended Ryan family in SC for a beach vacation in June. It's always a lot of fun visiting with family we sometimes see only once a year. This year we were missing quite a few family members, but worked hard to try and have fun in their absence!

Below is a picture of my Grandma Ryan and her three children- My Aunt Cathy, Aunt ReeRee (Marie), and my Dad. My Grandma is notorious for closing her eyes in photos, so I feel like this picture was a success!



Below is a picture of my cousin's beautiful boy, Ryan. The picture was taken about 3 seconds before he puked all down my front side, inside my shirt, down my bra where it attempted to roll directly down into my pants. Impressed...ABSOLUTELY! Grossed out....without a doubt! You are still a handsome little man, though, Ryan!



Here are some more random photos from that trip!

It is amazing how much I adore this woman








This past week Brandon and I loaded up the car and headed to Wisconsin to join the Bice family for a week vacation in Wisconsin Dells.



I really love spending time with Brandon's family. They are amazing people with personality, spunk, kindness and the perfect amount of competitive nature. I never have to question how it is that Brandon turned out to be such an incredible man. That generally happens when you grow up surrounded by good people.

We had many adventures during that week.
Including ziplines (which, by the way, were both terrifying and incredible. I am so glad I stuck with it..even when I wanted to abandon the task):


Here are some pictures of some of the family that I really like:













Here are some of the things I learned while on this trip:
1. Road trips with my husband are always fun. No matter how tired, cranky, or stir crazy we may be, my sweet husband makes things fun...always.
2. Noah's Ark water park is worth the wait!
3. Apparently shoes are not required for Wal-Mart in WI
4. Babies have the ability to wake up at the exact same time every day...for future referencing.
5. Mike's meat can't be beat. (picture NOT included)
6. Bagna Caude is an acquired taste and since I did not grow up in the North I may never learn to like it (thank goodness)

I love the Bice family/extended family! I feel blessed to have such amazing in-laws and am thankful for them! It was an amazing trip! We miss the family already!

And finally-
Happy Birthday to my Mom. We enjoyed dinner with the Ryan family both Sunday and Tuesday night! Below, our most recent family picture. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment