Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Well dang......

My baby counter says "0" days left, yet this child seems to show no inclination of leaving anytime soon.  We have set up our induction date for Monday, November 21st.  It's funny to think that that date could potentially be Josie's birthday (although I am secretly keeping my fingers crossed she decides to join us before then). 

Brandon and I are both anxious and excited.  And still a little in denial.  I have a feeling that when this process gets rolling or my water breaks, this calm exterior is going to crumble and I am going to completely freak out!  I don't really know what to expect.....and as of now, that is better than actually knowing.

Today is my last day of work.  Since we set up an induction date I had the option to stay on the rest of the week, but I decided a couple of days at home might do me some good.  I have started to notice a lack of patience with others and a little bit of a harsh attitude forming (more than normal, that is).  I am not sure if this is common for women who are very pregnant and hormonal and emotional....or if I am just finally at my wits end.  Brandon seems to have picked up any patience I have lost, as he is handling my snappiness very well.  Although I can guarantee that continued behavior like this would not bode well for our relationship! 

It's hard to believe that by Monday, our little lady will be here!  It's hard to believe we are about to be parents!  Who would have thought?

*It's funny to think that only 2 hours after I wrote this blog my water broke and labor began!  Just goes to show how quickly the situation can change!

No comments:

Post a Comment