Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What a slacker....

I started running (or something close to that) again. Just typing that sentence practically winds me, so you can imagine how graceful I look while actually running. A trainer at the gym once told me that you can start to loose muscle memory in 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! That seems ridiculous and really unfair. You would think your own freaking muscles would be kind enough to give you a little more of a break. So..I sat down and did the math....No physical activity + 5 months = absolutely zero muscle memory and sooo out of shape!

If you can loose muscle memory in 2 weeks, I bet you are wondering what can happen in 20 weeks. Well, stop wondering. Because it's disgusting. And sad. No wonder my body seems to be in complete rebellion today. When my legs ARE functioning they seem to have a mind of their own, the rest of the time they appear to be made of jello. I am in that struggle of mind over body and I am not gonna lie....my body seems to be kicking my mind's butt right now.

In other news....
I know I have been a very bad blogger lately. I could make a thousand excuses (all valid, of course), but the truth is...I just haven't been feeling the blog as of late. It probably has something to do with the exhaustion and mood swings, but who really knows. This is how I look most days, now....(at all hours of the day)



Brandon has been absolutely amazing over the past month. He is so sweet, even when Bitchy-Lauren shows up. I have always heard that pregnant women can be moody(and hormonal), I just never thought I would be one of those women. A duck in our neighborhood hatched four ducklings last week....and I cried. That's how hormonal I am. I don't even care for ducks (although I really have nothing against them).

The good news is...this Friday we will hit 12 weeks and will be quickly cruising into our second trimester (which by the way...I always want to call a semester, not trimester)! We have an appointment next week with an ultrasound and I am really looking forward to hearing a heartbeat and seeing the changes in the baby over the past few weeks. I am also hoping that with the quickly approaching 2nd trimester I will be reunited with my energy! It would be really nice to feel like I can help out after work. Most days I am so tired I can barely help fix dinner.

Spring seems to be off to a good start and we are really excited about summer! Brandon and I have already put in quite a bit of work in the gardens and we look forward to the awesome display of colors, textures, and smells we get each year. I will post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment