Monday, April 8, 2013

Prayer Request

It's pretty rare that I ask for prayers for myself.  I don't know why, in particular.  I guess in a way it just seems selfish (I know that probably sounds crazy).  But, if it is selfish, then today and tomorrow selfish is what I am going to be. 

Tuesday morning Brandon and I are taking off of work and getting ready for our next FET (frozen embryo transfer).  Just like our FET #1, I will wait to hear from the doctor to be sure the two embryos we have left thaw properly.  Obviously we can't move forward with the transfer until they thaw.  There is a chance they won't thaw and if this is the case, the procedure will be canceled.  These are the last of our frozen embryos.  Our last shot.  Our final babies.  If only one thaws, we will transfer one.  If they both thaw and look healthy, we will transfer BOTH embryos tomorrow!

My heart races at the thought of getting the phone call from the doctor tomorrow.  My biggest fear right now is that neither embryo will thaw and we will be without a final transfer.  I continue to try to push this out of my mind and replace those thoughts with happy, productive, optimistic thoughts.  I continue to pray for comfort and peace no matter what happens tomorrow.  But, I will be the first to admit, I am scared.  Really scared and nervous. 

If you have a minute, please say a prayer for the Bice family tomorrow.  Or maybe a prayer for our embryos.  Or maybe one for our doctor.  Or one for me- to deal with whatever outcome we may reach.  We would greatly appreciate all the prayers, good vibes, and happy thoughts we can get.  Fingers crossed!  Thank you, in advance!

1 comment: