Sunday, December 15, 2013

From the mouths of babes.....

Confessions aren't easy....

Tonight as I was sitting in the living room playing with Josie, my sweet and loving daughter said "Put phone down, Mommy" and pointed to the end table by the couch.  We were playing horsey...she had one hand and my phone had the other.

The simplest of requests from my 2 year old and I feel like a complete A-S-S.  Brandon and I have both made a point to be aware of the amount of time we spend on the Ipad or phone while hanging out with the kiddo (or so I thought), but we live in a world that runs on technology and just like so many others....I am addicted. 

My goodness I feel like a hypocrite.  We spend most of our summer days and nights outside enjoying the world.  I can't tell you how many times this summer I saw other mothers or fathers at the park with their kids, completely missing out on all the fun because they were too glued to their phones to notice. 

I feel like such a jerk, thinking the simple checking of Facebook or peeking into Instagram was going unnoticed.  I am grateful Jo pointed out my mistake.   Because that is exactly what it is.....a mistake on my part.  I talk all the time about how fast she is growing and changing and I don't want to waste a second......yet each night, countless times I am turning on my phone to see the latest updates. 

I have a new rule for this mommy!  I don't care if I have to hide my phone in a dresser drawer when I get home, my greatest and most important priority needs to know she is my greatest and most important priority.  From this point forward, when I am home, my time is reserved for my loves- Josie and Brandon!  Thanks, Jojo, for putting me back in my proper place with your simple, sweet request!

No comments:

Post a Comment