Monday, December 9, 2013

Yikes.....I've got the fever

Ah....jeez....

I have it.  I have it, bad.  I've got Baby Fever!  Baby fever is tough for anyone to deal with, especially those who have to wait or even worse....those who can't on their own. 


And it's not just baby fever- I don't necessarily miss those multiple night feedings and days of little to no sleep.  I don't necessarily miss spending weeks on end in a zombie like- half awake, half asleep- state.  Our bodies adjust and we move past that, but it's still not my favorite phase of parenting.

You know what I am really longing for?  Being pregnant!  I am sure some women will shriek at hearing that, but it's true.  Sure....we had a hard time getting pregnant, but once we actually GOT pregnant it was smooth sailing.  We had a fairly uneventful pregnancy and I had the luxury of enjoying every minute.  I LOVED feeling my body grow and change.  I LOVED knowing I was "housing" our little peanut!  And I truly LOVED feeling her move and turn and kick and live!  Last night I stopped to think about when my water broke.  Initially it scared the hell out of me.  And for about 60 seconds I got nervous and cried about two tears.  After that.....the excitement of knowing I was getting ready to meet my daughter took hold and I never looked back!


I want that.  I want that growing belly.  I want those swift baby kicks to the bladder!  I want it all, even the late night feedings, again!  I am ready.....

How I wish it was all that easy for us.  Shessh....what we wouldn't do to just be able to be pregnant again.  So many of my friends are now going through their own infertility journeys.  It breaks my heart to see anyone else struggle the way we did!  I hope they get Blessed with their very own miracle babe and maybe we will be blessed again, one day, too!    

No comments:

Post a Comment