Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



The Ryan and Bice family gathered this afternoon to celebrate Thanksgiving!!
This year's holiday was topped off with the extra seat at our table, Grandma Ryan or Grandma GG, as she is also known! The GG, of course, for Great Grandmother. And she surely is great! My Grandma will celebrate her 90th birthday in January and is as sharp and healthy as she was 20 years ago! She is a lovinng Grandma to 7 grandchildren(not including those brought in by marriage) and 6 great grandchildren! She is a true blessing in my life and one of the many things I am thankful for each and every day! It is always fun just being around Grandma, but I really like to listen to her tell stories about herself, and her marriage and about my dad and his sisters growing up. Today Grandma told me a little about when she and her sister played basketball in high school. She played in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade and was a guard. High school only went up to 11th grade then and it was not until the year after she graduated that they changed it to 12 grades. I was surprised to hear that she was a basketball player, but I suppose I should have known. I hope one day my children will be interested to hear the stories my parents tell! Today was definitely a day to be thankful for!

Brandon and I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving holiday! Sending all our love to those we were not able to see today!

No comments:

Post a Comment