Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dogs and Decorations

During the night last night Brandon and I woke up to the howling of coyotes. Well, actually, Brandon woke up, then woke me up to listen with him. It's not unusual for us to hear coyotes and on occasion see them, just as I did one morning on my way home from the gym about 8 months ago.
This morning we stopped by my mom and dad's house to give hugs and kisses to my Grandma who was headed back to Rock Hill. I guess I still had coyotes on my mind, because as we started to turn onto Wright's Ferry I stopped. I said "Oh my gosh...there is a coyote. HE's HUGE!" And Brandon said, "What? Go that way, let's go see him!"
As we got about 20 feet down the road (in the opposite direction we needed to go) Brandon says "That's not a coyote, that's a german shepard."
He was right. Whoops....
Coyote-

German Shephard-

They are kind of similar....right?


I spent most of the afternoon putting up our Christmas lights! I can barely sit still waiting for it to get dark so I can check them out. Pictures will be posted if they look okay!
I think I finally talked Brandon into getting a real Christmas tree...even if it's just a little one. When we got married we did not register anywhere because we both felt like we did not need any more "stuff". So...some great family friends threw us a party last Christmas, kind of like a late reception for our wedding. They asked people to bring us an ornament for our tree. Which I thought was really clever and creative. So now we have like 100 ornaments....and it would truly seem ridiculous to NOT get a tree...even if we will spend most of the holiday season in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment