Wednesday, January 6, 2010

90 is the new.....?

Today my Grandma celebrates her 90th birthday! I spent approximately 30 minutes trying to reach her by phone this morning, getting a busy signal for so long. When I finally got ahold of her she said "Ohh...people won't stop calling this morning!" Then she laughed and said "If I don't stop answering the phone I may never make it to my swim class at the Y!"

Classic Grandma! And probably the number one reason she is healthy in body and mind....her swim aerobics at the YMCA! She has been going regularly since as long as I can remember, and I guarantee even longer than I have been alive.

Even at 90 years old, she is still absolutely beautiful! Smart and funny to boot! She is such an incredible woman and I am thankful for her presence in my life each and every day. When I think about the patience, wisdom, and understanding it must have taken to not only raise her three children, but be a part of the lives of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, I am overwhelmed. Words would NEVER be enough to say how special she is to me or how much I love her! I just hope I can continue to show her my love! Please enjoy the pictures below!

My grandma recently with her newest great-grandchild, Ryan....

She is excited to meet her 7th great-grandchild expected in July of 2010 (my brother and his wife's baby)

Grandma and I right before my wedding in September 2008


Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment