Sunday, September 12, 2010

Your perfection makes me gag

My life is a mess. That's not a statement about recent events or emotions. That is not some dramatic claim that is describing circumstances. My life is a mess....it's just a given. It's always been that way, always will be and I do not try to make it seem any different (at least not to my knowledge).

I love love love to read blogs. I swear it's an addiction. But, I have serious issues with blogs where "everything is rosey". I read one blog in particular where things are ALWAYS perfect! Always! The kids never get in trouble or throw all-out tantrums. The adults never have bad days or fight with their spouses. There always seems to be some well thought out lesson about not taking moments for granted...blah blah blah. I write posts like that....some times. But not every single time. I can not even read this particular blog anymore....now I just look at the pretty pictures, which are also perfect!

It's okay to have a bad day or a mental breakdown. It's okay to get pissed off and yell or have to put the little ones in time out. It's human. You are human (I am not....I am super human). Be human, not fake! Be real.

But, please don't stop taking pretty pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment