Monday, December 10, 2012

A new kind of Christmas!

I look forward to teaching Josie the true meaning of Christmas as she gets older.  I look forward to telling her the story of Jesus's birth and having her be a part of mid-night Christmas services.  Feeling that special spirit of wishing a Merry Christmas to friends right after midnight, while singing in candle light outside!  Obviously I have fond memories of Christmas growing up!  I remember being in awe of the story of Jesus's birth and the events leading up to it (and still am).  I look forward to making special memories just like these with Josie, and adding in our own traditions as we go! 

I also look forward to making FAMILY a huge part of Christmas!  I want Josie to know that Christmas and family go hand-in-hand.  And naturally, we look forward to doing the fun, more contemporary things surrounding Christmas too, like Santa and Elf-on-a-Shelf and watching Frosty the Snowman and singing silly children's carols! 

 Brandon and I decided years ago that we didn't need much for Christmas, in terms of gifts.  The things we needed, we got.  So the exchanging of gifts between the two of us has become less important.  As a child, climbing out of bed and running downstairs to see what Santa (or even Mom and Dad) had left was so exciting.  As I grew older, I was more excited to witness Christmas through my nieces' and nephews' eyes.  This year I am so excited for Christmas morning!  Not for any gifts Brandon and I might receive, but to see Josie as she sees her new gifts.  I have that giddy feeling welling up inside....I cannot wait to be a part of Josie's Christmas morning.  Even now, she is too young to really understand what's going on, and for that reason, we are only getting her a few items.  But, I still can't wait to see her little face when she sits on her monkey rocking chair or gets to enjoy her new stuff.  It's so fun.......and exciting! 

The point of this entire blog could have easily been summed up in only a sentence or two, but as usual, I have become long winded.  So here it is.....

Experiencing "Christmas as a parent" will be the new and exciting Christmas for me!  Seeing the excitement and joy on Josie's face is going to be even better than any gift I could have ever asked for!  And I truly believe it will only get better as she gets older and we add our own family traditions! 

Now...a couple of pictures!  I was so excited to take Josie to see Santa this year!  I just knew I would get that crying baby in Santa's lap shot!  While we waited in line, Josie laughed and waved at Santa!  Each time he would look up at her she would squeal with delight! But, the second I placed that child on Santa's lap, everything went downhill....quickly.  Here is a picture of Josie and Santa!  It amazes me that she still looks cute even though she is crying! 


This little Christmas dress was made by Jo's Aunt Bug!  It's so freaking cute I can hardly stand it.  Obviously we would like to get some more pictures of Josie in this adorable outfit.  Maybe one where she is actually smiling!  Here is another picture, just to show off how cute this outfit really is!  Sorry it doesn't show her face, Aunt Bug!
Oh my gosh...so cute!  Our tiny little Santa's helper!  This little tiny lady is by far the greatest gift her Mommy and Daddy could have ever received! 

Ahhh....I do love this time of year! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment