Monday, December 31, 2012

You should know.....

Dear Sweet little girl,

You already have your daddy wrapped around your pinky finger. 

My hope for you, is that one day you realize just how lucky you are to have a Daddy who loves you so much. 


Dec 2012- Downtown Christmas Parade
This year's holiday was a little different than normal.  Since we went home to Chicago to be with the Bice Family for Thanksgiving, I did not take as much time off as I normally might at Christmas.  And this year, Daddy took off more time than normal.  Since your school was closed for the entire week of Christmas, it was a good thing Daddy took the time off.  And so you and Daddy have been at home playing each day while Mommy has been at work.  It hurts my heart just a little to know of all the fun you are both having while I sit behind my desk.  But, it lights my heart to think of the bonding and love that must be growing between the two of you (like it could grow anymore) each day!

Today is Daddy's last day home with you.  And although I know he must value this time, I think he may be happy to know your school doors will be open on Wednesday morning. 

I just received this text message from your Daddy-
Daddy-I have read the same 3 books about 900 times today.
Mommy- Hahahaha.  Hide them.
Daddy- I hate the ABC and Color book

It always amazes me how you seem to find these two books amongst the hundreds (truthfully) that you own.  It's like they have a special scent that only you can smell.  And you find them.  And ask us to read them to you over and over and over.  And my goodness, maybe we could say no if you were the cutest thing in the world.  But you are.  And so we read them.  By memory.

You are a lucky little girl.  So much so that no matter how much your Daddy hates it, he will still read the ABC and Color book to you each and every time you ask.  I will not be surprised if when I get home from work today, Daddy is teaching you that the Penguin begins with the letter P! 

We love you pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment