Friday, March 8, 2013

The pharmacy that mocks me.

After our last meeting with our Fertility doctor, we were told to once again place an order for our IVF meds through Barren pharmacy.  And once again, the irony of the name of this pharmacy is not lost on me. 

Barren Pharmacy likely sells all types of drugs.  The fact that I have to special order my IVF meds from this place makes me chuckle and cringe at the same time, every time.

Really pharmacy?  Barren?  You couldn't have come up with a fluffier name that makes women who obviously can't have kids on their own feel a little less inadequate?  Ha! 

I brought this up to my doctor last week.  I thought, surely, after being in the biz for so long she, too would have had a good laugh at the irony of this name.  She was shocked.  Apparently she and none of her staff ever thought of it this way.  I hope I didn't ruin it for them.

I hate being mocked.  By a pharmacy, none the less.  Sometimes irony is hilariously harsh. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment