Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Is your house on fire, Clark?

No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.

Last night Brandon and I thought maybe our house was on fire when the fire truck and ambulance pulled up. As the firemen piled out of the truck onto our driveway I actually considered saying to them "Is my house on fire?"
No, you wingbat....it's not. Although it did smell a little like burning plastic, but I think maybe I was imagining that to make the scene more realistic. After I put up all the Christmas lights on Sunday and we had some many problems with fuses and extension cords, I suppose I was just waiting for our own disaster. Brandon said last night "If our house had been on fire I was going to be so mad at you." I bet....I would have been pretty upset myself.

Turns out something was wrong with the neighbors. I couldn't tell exactly what was going on, but someone was put into the ambulance. We were trying really hard not to stand out in the street and stare, so I don't have a more clear explanation....I plan to stop by today and make sure everyone is okay. It was probably the first time I was envious of the neighbors ACROSS the street. They could watch from their dining room windows and seem less like "looky-loos". I just hope everything is okay.

Brandon and I have decided that we are definitely taking BOTH dogs to Chicago again this year. Although we may have avoided one disaster last night.....we might be in the process of planning a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment