Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The mystery of the bird killer

Brandon (the most incredible husband) bought me a new truck almost a year ago. It looks like this (although this is not mine).....



I love this truck! It has tons of room. And I can put the dogs in the "way back" and their dog hair does not get all over the place. PLUS....when B and I have a family and we need the extra space....we have it!

As much as I love this truck...it does have a down side. It's a bird-killing-maniac, hell bent on destroying our winged friends (no...I don't think I am over reacting). In less than one year, I have been the helpless co-pilot to numerous tweety deaths (maybe 8 birds in one year...that's a lot).

I can not help but wonder if it has something to do with my truck being white? It's not a hybrid....and I do not drive slow...so it's not an extremely quiet vehicle. I drove a tiny Honda (similar to a souped up go-cart) that NEVER executed any birds....so why now? Are birds more daring these days?

Allow me to share the first feathered friend's encounter with my truck....
Brandon and I are driving to the grocery store for a normal Sunday morning task. It's a sunny, happy, LIVELY kind of day.

Me: I love my truck. *naturally*

Suddenly....a group of yellow finch fly right in front of my truck. There must have been at least 10 of them. I am sure I hit one of them.

*I scream....like a heroin generally screams in a horror movie*

15 seconds pass...nothing happens

Me: Maybe we didn't hit them! *with a hint of hopefulness*

Seriously, the second I say that...my little yellow friend must have released from the grill of my truck and smashed into the windshield....right at my eye level. Feathers are flying all over the place. (This is seriously how it happened)
*Of course, we both scream, JUST LIKE they scream in horror movies during the shocking scenes*

That was only the beginning. Since that day, many sweet birds have lost their battles with this four wheeled attacker, my truck.

I have considered driving down the street and honking my horn rhythmically....you know, preemptive strategy? Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? Is it the color of my car? Karma? My destiny???

I need this to end, as my conscious can not handle being the co-pilot of this bird-assassinator any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment