Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just a little behind the times....

I have been telling myself for months (years) it was time to get a new phone. My old phone, known from this point on as "Old Faithful" had been with me for many many years. I can't remember how many, maybe 4 or 5 years? Maybe more? It looked just like the one below, but it was blue.



I can't be completely certain (as it's hard for me to remember last week, much less several years ago), but I think I may have gotten this phone for free when I switched from U.S. Cellular to Verizon. And that was probably 5 years ago.

Anywho.....
Yesterday a co-worker told me about a deal through Best Buy. If you are up for a new 2 year contract with your service provider (which I was), signing a new contract at Best Buy can get you a really really nice phone.....for FREE! You will still have service through your regular provider and your contract will generally stay the same, you just get to take advantage of a really great offer.

For instance.....you might be able to get a $500 phone.....For FREE! A really fancy one....like this......



Yep, that's me....updating my facebook status from my phone. It's like I went from the streets to the red carpet (in phones...obviously). My old phone didn't even have games...this phone has about two million apps for games. My old phone pratically had a rotary dial, this new one....Touch Screen.

Sure...I might be getting a little big for my britches, but I need bigger britches....to hold my new, giant, awesome, super sweet, high-tech, entertainment device, otherwise known as my cellular phone. Scratch that....Smart Phone.

I now have the world at my fingertips....and it's a bit scary! It's so nice that I am entering into the 21st century....about 11 years too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment