Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mission Cinna-Tum-Tum

I would be lying if I told you there was not part of me that planned to use this pregnancy as an excuse to eat some of the things I will not allow myself to have during normal times (when I am expected to look nice in those tight pants or bathing suit).

Basically since the first week we found out I was pregnant I have been plotting and planning this mission. I have waited (not so patiently) for myself to get large and obviously pregnant before carrying out this mission. In my mind it was truly important that people NOT judge me and my choices. In my mind, who could blame a pregnant woman for wanting what she wants? No one, that's who.

Although I still don't feel as though I am LARGE enough (believe it or not) to NOT be judged, this preggo could wait no longer. Last Saturday, while at the grocery store, Mission Cinna-Tum-Tum was in full effect....and I purchased this......



Holy Heaven! I can't tell you how long it's been since I have had a cinnamon roll, but my undying love for them has never skipped a beat. The reunion was sweet....so sweet. Thankfully (knowing my lack of self-control), I bought the 5 pack of cinnamon rolls, instead of the 8 pack (as I would have eaten every last one...undoubtedly....and scraped the icing off the pan).

This morning my amazing husband woke up a little extra early and popped these bad boys in the oven. By the time I was ready for work, so was this gooey, sweet, delicious treat! I am sure a doctor would tell you have should be having oat bran and fruit for breakfast this morning, but there were not any doctors hanging around my kitchen to object to my morning buzz! I am sure Baby Josie will be doing back flips momentarily from the sugary sweet overload! One of us will be, that is for sure!

It's nice to give in to some of the cravings and temptations once in a while. I have determined (this morning), it's one of the amazing perks of being pregnant! So, stop judging me!

No comments:

Post a Comment