Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Angry seas.....

I laid in bed for about 15 minutes this morning just watching my belly move!  Some days watching Josie kick can only be caught if you happen to be looking at the exact right place at the exact right time.  Then there are moments like today, where you could see the movement from across the room, and still be totally grossed out (or excited). 

I don't know that I will ever get used to her movements, but I can tell you that I totally love them.  Some women think it feels creepy or weird.  And, although I agree, it's not natural to have another human squirming around in there, I think it's completely awesome!  Even when she kicks me so hard it takes my breath, I wind up wishing for more. 

This morning in particular my stomach resembled a scene from a movie.  I am sure the first movie you thought of was Alien, but I was thinking more along the lines of "The Perfect Storm".  My belly rolled in one direction, then turned back and rolled across the other way.  It was like the motion of an angry sea!  Huge waves passing by....but thankfully no sea-sickness or lost ships here.  As Josie gets bigger her movements are more detectable and noticeable by others and drastic! 

I have already decided she's a morning girl, like her Daddy (which leaves me none too happy, as I am NOT a morning person).  She also seems to be the most active right before lunch time and soon after dinner.  She is large enough, and my belly round enough, that just yesterday a co-worker watched in awww as she shifted around inside my stomach.  I can't get over how much I love this little lady already, even if she IS a morning person!  I hope to catch some of her motions and movements on video soon and add them to the blog.  Again, although some people find it creepy....I think it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment