Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas eve....

Today is Christmas Eve day! We are blessed with a gorgeous 50 degree day in Knoxville. Brandon and I drove, really Brandon did all the driving, from Chicago to Knoxville yesterday. We left a day earlier than originally planned, but a potential weather hazard was looming and we decided driving and ice were not a combination we wanted to include in our holidays this year.
Glad to be home, in our own beds, but sad to have to leave the family we don't get to see often enough. This year the Bice family has had many blessings. Brandon and I finally got the opportunity to meet new nephew Evan, and cousins Ryan and Cara. It is amazing how family can change from one year to another.
Pictures will be posted within a day or two....I promise.

I have found I am not as Christmas-y this year....just not quite gotten into the full mood. Even though we have done all the things we normally do, and even enjoyed beautiful snow in Chicago, it just hasn't quite hit me this year. That is, until today. As I walked through the Food City grocery store. And saw their Santa Claus. He was not very convincing, to me, of course. But...the kids shopping with their parents were so excited.
Now don't get me wrong....I understand that Christmas is not about Santa Claus and gifts and reindeer. But, for children...there is something magical about Christmas. And I forgot how fun it was to have that magical feeling....even if it was a fake beard and wig hung over a young man with black hair and stubble showing. I found that little bit of magic at the grocery store. In aisle 4...right in front of the canned meats.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love to all,
Lauren and Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment