Monday, March 29, 2010

Who's writing this book?

I had a nice reminder from a great friend Saturday night. Sometimes some issues are out of our hands. Although we can help to shape and guide our futures, "we don't get to write our own stories." Those are the words she said to me!

I can not tell you the immediate comfort and calm that swept over me after she said this! I guess friends and family have a way of doing this, saying the things no one can say...whether simple or complex, in a way no else can match. Some things are just out of my hands. Although I can choose the paths I take, I can not always control the outcome. I just have to remember to keep the faith that my destination is located some where on the path I end up taking. And if it's not, I will have to find strength that that is the way things were meant to be for me.

If I don't get to write my own story, I should pay more attention to the one that is written for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Your friend is exactly right! And just know, that no matter what story is written for you, all of your friends and family will always love you, no matter what... unless you become a crack whore... I can't love that! :P

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you could at least try, Sam. Geeshh...one major addiction to crack and then WHAM...no more friendship. Now I feel like I will have to really mind my p's and q's!
    Hehee...thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete