Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How awful am I?

Mornings are not my best side. I tend to show my horns and spit fire in the mornings. What can I say? I love sleep. Period.

I have recently (as of yesterday) decided to stop attending the Tuesday morning Body Pump class at my gym. I had a hard time coming to this conclusion, but this was the best choice for me, and possibly the instructor.

Here is my problem- The Tuesday morning class is taught by a man that smiles from the second he walks into the room until the moment he leaves the gym (I KNOW...what a jerk). He is so stinking happy. And he laughs and giggles (ugh) and even tries to tell jokes. Right? Shouldn't someone tell this man it's 5:30AM? Maybe that's why they hired him....he's perky (understatement) and obviously really enjoys mornings.

It is really hard for me to drag my big behind out of the bed at normal time, much less at 5AM...MUCH LESS to go exercise. And this guy, who makes clowns look depressed and suicidal, isn't helping my desire to attend class.

I try to act like this isn't my real issue with the instructor. Like, I might be less of a bad guy if the real problem is that I can't hear him (which I can't). He does not work well with the mic system set up to be heard OVER the music, which is not accomplished in his class. All I hear is the music and the occasional call of direction. I try to watch him to get my cues...but he's up there smiling.....and happy and I can't look for long, otherwise I might catch what he has.

So, there it is....
I feel terrible for not liking him. Am I a bad person? I don't guess it really matters, I don't think I can go back to his class. Guess my Tuesday Body Pump will have to be moved to the evening. Where people can be as perky as they would like, as it's a reasonable hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment