Thursday, June 10, 2010

My piggy bank broke...

Brandon and I are currently trying to save money. As we do not share an account, we are saving separately. I have never been a good saver(this is an understatement). I buy things on impulse (small purchases, of course) and my addiction to Target, Hobby Lobby, and green houses (flowers) doesn't help my bank account. Making very little money (working Non-profit) adds to my saving frustrations....it's hard to save what you do not have.

Don't get me wrong...I love my job. I never thought money was going to matter. But here I am making weekly decisions like this "Do I want new work clothes, or do I want to have babies?"

Saving for In-vitro fertilization (known from this point on as IVF) has become my main priority. It's hard to constantly be making decisions like the one above. Putting future children on hold for a new pair of flip-flops hardly seems worth it. And, naturally, I am over-exaggerating (because it comes so natural to me), but sometimes this is how I feel. We never wanted money to dictate our lives or futures or most of all....children. I understand that money plays a role in everyday life, but this seems different.

I guess it's official. We are adults (I refuse to use the term "grown-ups"). And here I am, making ADULT decisions. Not as much fun as I had hoped, but we know it will be worth it in the end! Ahhh...to be able to get pregnant naturally....don't take it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment