Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dixie-2, Lauren-0

I love this dog.



I truly do. She is super sweet and LOVES every person she has ever come to meet. It amazes me and we could all learn a lesson from her.

But (there is always a but), in the past week she has busted my lip and ruptured my ear drum (possibly). The problem (truly) is me. I sometimes want to snuggle her too much and she throws her head back to see whats going on (hence, the busted lip) or jumps up in the air and head butts me full-force directly in my right ear (hence the possibly busted ear drum). People are going to start to think my husband abuses me.

But, this ear...
It hurts. And it feels like I have an ear infection and a huge cotton ball shoved in there. My hearing is DEFINITELY affected and it just stopped ringing. Is that a ruptured ear drum? Anyone know?

The worst part (aside from my physical pain) is that she is completely aware, after the fact, that I am hurt. She stands there, tail tucked, wondering why I am holding the hurt body part, fight back tears (the truth...I cry every time I get hurt). She feels so bad then follows me around for hours wanting extra love and attention. She's a sweet girl! I guess I just need to work on my reflexes!

No comments:

Post a Comment