Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Okay....I am not the type of blogger to share recipe after recipe. But (there is always a but), I came across this Pumpkin Pie Cupcake recipe and I just had to share.

Our office Thanksgiving luncheon is coming up in a couple of weeks. I have been trying to decide what to bring and I remembered saving this link. I decided I needed to test the recipe (naturally) before taking it to share with co-workers. Below are pictures and quick descriptions of my process.

I have no intention of giving you the step by step instructions, but I am happy to supply you with the internet link to find these items.

http://bakeitinacake.com/recipes/pumpkinpiecupcakes

The beginning....


I rolled out refrigerated pie crust and used the rim of a small glass to cut the dough. Then placed these pieces in each mini cupcake tin. Each mini pie was filled 3/4 full with the pumpkin pie filling (mixed according to can).


Baked according to directions. While those were baking, I whipped up the homemade cupcake batter, which is much easier than I thought and absolutely amazingly delicious.



While the mini pies were cooling, I placed one heaping tablespoon in the bottom of each regular sized cupcake tin. Once cooled, a mini pie was placed in each tin, on top of the cupcake batter. Then I scooped another heaping tablespoon on top of each mini pie, ensuring the top and sides were covered by the batter.




While the cupcakes were baking I prepared the icing according to the directions. I will say...finding cinnamon chips (which are used in the icing) was not easy, so you may want to track those down first, before you attempt to buy everything else.


>


Again, sharing recipes is really not my thing, but these cupcakes are by far the most delcious cupcakes I have ever tasted. The perfect combinination of cupcake, the little bit of pumpkin pie, and a cinnamon butter cream icing will seriously shock your mouth...in a good way! Give it a try, they aren't that hard to make and are completely worth it!

Brandon is not a huge pumpkin pie fan, but these cupcakes only have a bites worth and he LOVES them! My husband is a very happy man today!!!  Thank you bakeitinacake.com for this amazing recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment