Sunday, November 14, 2010

Napping for Cancer

I feel a little bad. I registered (and paid) for the Buddy's Race for Cancer 5k, taking place this afternoon at 3PM. *side note- why in the world would you schedule a race for 3PM? Why?*

Anyway, this morning I decided not to run in the race, and I feel kind of bad. Running at 3PM really screws up the rest of the day. Had it been an 8AM race, I would not have even considered skipping out. Oh well.....at least they got my registration money, which will go to a great cause. Instead, today I plan to take it easy, watch some football, and maybe even take a nap! Wahoo.

I also registered for the BlueCross Autumnfest 8K, taking place Thanksgiving morning! YAY! Thank you for the early morning race start (the way it should be) and the 8K race that will make me feel less guilty about eating lots of turkey and stuffing and all the other delicious Thanksgiving treats! I am really looking forward to this race, which takes place down on "Volunteer Landing", which is a place I love to run and a course I know well. Brandon and I plan to go down there Saturday morning and run the course, just as a refresher.

Brandon has recently returned to his running roots. So, now, you may be on the look out for two Bice's running! It's fun to have a running partner again, although Brandon may not feel the same. Last time we ran I talked the ENTIRE time. I think Brandon was more exhausted from having to listen to me, less from the run. I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment