Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving, Part 1

I have been sitting here all morning watching TV and goofing around on the internet, while Brandon is working hard in the kitchen preparing Thanksgiving, Part 2. Brandon decided this past week that he would spend Black Friday preparing his family (me) a delicious meal. He has cooked a ham, smothered it with honey, brown sugar, cloves and nutmeg. He has made from scratch macaroni and cheese and as I type there is a sweet potato casserole in our crock pot. I have to say....I am impressed. Everything smells delicious and I am pretty confident it's all edible. The word "proud" does not even scratch the surface of how I feel right now, although....maybe I should save my opinions for once the meal has been consumed!

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving, Part 1, we had an amazing day. Brandon and I got up and ran in the Autumnfest 8k race down on Neyland drive. Brandon had an amazing race and we both rocked it out. I was so happy to see him cross that finish line and beat the time he had expected by over 10 minutes. I think that is incredible for someone who has only been running for 3 weeks....way to go Brandon. He seems to amaze me more and more each day. I had a great race too and we both felt accomplished and were relieved when it was over!

After a long afternoon, Grandma Ryan finally made it to Knoxville for Thanksgiving dinner. The best part about the day was that she finally got to meet Camryn, her newest great grandchild. Wow...now if there was ever something to be thankful for...that is definitely up there on the list.

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving, Part 1:

Brandon with our niece Camryn (napping) and nephew Chandler watching a little football




Grandma Ryan or G.G. (Great Grandma) holding Camryn for the first time




The beautiful table


Our adorable niece and her chunky monkey thighs

Could she be any cuter?

We have so much to be thankful for this year, as with every year. Our families, health, and happiness, just to name a few! Happy Thanksgiving...Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment