Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weak Will.....

Sunday evening this sweet girl

had a little accident.

While we were outside playing "fetch" in the backyard, she managed to rip the top claw on her paw. I kept calling this her "dewclaw", but after doing some research, I am not convinced that is what it is. And basically now I am confused. It seems too high up on her leg to be a dewclaw, and in case you don't know what a dewclaw is, here is a picture......


Anywho...
We went to the vet (which is always an experience) and they said she basically did the equivalent of a human ripping their finger nail completely up off their finger and leaving the vulnerable meat (or fresh) exposed. Yum.

Here is Dixie at the vet. She loves it there and they love her.



So last night I come home armed with 4 very important items!
1. Pain Medicine (VERY important....to my sleep)
2. Antibiotics
3. Anti-inflammatory
4. An E-collar

As Brandon and I start preparing the nursery for Baby Bice we are cleaning out items and junk we haven't used in years. Less than a week ago we took a look at our old E-collar and could find no future use for it, so we threw it away. If only we had known. But NOOOO....we had to purchase a whole new one not even 5 days later (what are you gonna do?).

This afternoon when I went home for lunch I stuck poor Dixie in her E-collar. It was so sad and pathetic and I couldn't stand to see her "suffer". Poor girl. Enjoy!



Let's hope I have a stronger will with our children, because I took the silly thing off within moments. We will try again tonight, when we have Brandon around as backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment