Sunday, October 9, 2011

Measuring a year.......

525,600 minutes....how do you measure, measure a year? 

I have never actually seen the musical/Broadway show Rent, but I am somewhat familiar (meaning I know guess about 60% of the words) with the song "Seasons of Love". 

As I have been thinking about writing this blog, I find myself singing this song (mostly the refrain) over and over in my head. 

This weekend marked one year since I wrote this blog..... http://thebicefamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/creative-ways-to-make-baby.html

I look back at this blog and any of the blogs I wrote regarding our infertility and IVF process and my heart hurts for "Lauren and Brandon of one year ago".  One year ago we had no idea where our lives were heading and what would come of our IVF process.  One year ago I was terrified and barely able to be completely honest with myself that we may not be able to have children.  The only answer we were given was that IVF ICSI was our only shot...no specifics, no guarantees, just lots of questions.

And here we are, almost exactly one year later, 34 weeks pregnant!  I can tell you, briefly, how we measured this past year.  I won't list every emotion that we have felt this past year, the insane highs and the scary lows...but the easiest way for me to measure this past year, is in LOVE.  I know, it sounds so freaking corny, but it's true.  This time last year we had no answers to the constant "When will you guys have kids?"  We didn't know if it was possible to ever have children. 

Only a few more weeks until we meet our daughter (I can't tell you how weird it feels to say that)!  525,600 minutes and here I am.....writing about our happy ending!  We feel blessed, and lucky, and so much love!  We will never forget this past year....where we started, what we went through, and our miracle outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment