Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't feed the animals



This is not my sad face. Do not mistake it for my sad face.

This is my "hungry face". I am hungry.

I always feel weird saying things like "I am hungry" or "I'm starving". Working at a food bank I deal with people who are actually in need of food and at risk of going hungry each day. I usually have a slight sense of guilt that surfaces anytime I exclaim how hungry I am. In reality (obviously) I am not at serious risk for hunger.

Now that that has been explained.....
I am sooooo hungry. (What?? I have no conscience...don't act surprised)

I started my IVF medications last Monday. One week down....wahoo! Next Monday I have a doctor's appointment where I assume they will teach me how to poke holes in my body daily, i.e. give myself shots. But, until then, I am stuck with taking birth control (ironic...I know) and Metformin.

I have been advised that while on Metformin I should eat a low to no carb diet. Riiii-ght. No carbs. PSSShh...please. I love carbs. I live on carbs. Or at least I did. This adjustment to a low carb diet (let's not kid ourselves, there is no way I am going no carb) has been rocky.

I feel hungry all the time. Even right after I eat. Nothing (that is low carb) sounds appealing to me and all of this is accompanied by a daily mix of nausea.

Of course....I can eat carbs, but the side effects aren't pretty....and I won't go into details here.

Each day seems a little better than the day before and I hope this trend continues. Until then, if you see me out in public looking completely depressed....Don't fear- it's not depression, I am simply eyeballing that delicious looking sandwich you are eating. Don't get too close with your food or feed me....I bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment