Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mother Nature, the tease

This past weekend we had beautiful 60+ degree weather both Saturday and Sunday. Brandon and I both desperately searched for outside activities to keep us in the sun.....and off the couch. It was absolutely gorgeous!

The weather reminded me so much of our late March/early April weather. That weather that lures gardeners into the greenhouses and looking at plants, even though we know better. We know it's too early to put flowers in our gardens, but the weather is so tempting....and resisting is practically futile. Every year I make myself wait "at least one more week" before buying plants....it's the same thing every year.

Thankfully I didn't have to talk myself out of any plants on Sunday! Buying flowers in January would have been nuts, even for me!

And just as quickly as the beautiful weather rolled in, it rolled right out! We were thankful for the two days of bliss and the reminder of the what's to come. It was a tease, yes, but I enjoy the tease....usually!

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day. Let me just tell you right now, if that silly Groundhog sees his shadow I may be booking the next flight to PA to have a little chat with "Phil". Let's hope there is no shadow tomorrow (and NOT 6 more weeks of Winter), for Phil's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment