Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Apparently it's NOT the size of the needle

I always enjoy learning new things about myself. As long as this activity does not include learning things I don't like about myself. No one enjoys that.

Last night, as a married couple, Brandon and I both learned new things about our selves. We learned that Brandon does have the stomach (and steady hand) to give me a shot in the belly each day. Not that I doubted him.

We also learned, I may NOT have the ability to give MYSELF a shot each day. I did not have the courage to do it myself last night, but will possibly give it a go tonight.

The needles are tiny, like this..........


But that does not seem to comfort me in any way!

So...Lupron injection #1....complete. Tonight, I will try really hard to give myself the shot. And if not, at least I have trusty Nurse B there to help if I get in a tricky situation.

And nurses always have cute bandaids, right? (I wish).



UPDATE:
Last night (2/1/11), with the supportive coaching of my sweet husband, I gave myself the Lupron shot. It was not nearly as bad as I had expected, maybe even a little easier than receiving the shot from someone else. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment