Friday, February 25, 2011

Nearly a dozen....

Wednesday morning Brandon and I were up and going early. We both had our retrievals scheduled and everything went well. Brandon and I are both terribly sore. We are walking so gingerly you may mistake us for the elderly. The discomfort that I am feeling can not be compared to any discomfort I have had before, as I have never felt anything quite like it. And Brandon's discomfort isn't much better.

Thankfully, after talking with our doctor yesterday, the pain has been completely worthwhile. We learned that the doctor retrieved 18 eggs from my ovaries. Of those 18 eggs, 12 were considered "mature" and could be used in the fertilization process. They attempted to fertilize 12 eggs and 10 successfully fertilized! There it is......10 fertilized eggs. 10 chances at having a baby Bice.

Brandon and I are so excited! There is such a huge sense of relief that has swept over the both of us. Although we both feel very positive about our transfer, if for some reason it doesn't work the first time, we feel truly blessed to have at least 7 or 8 potential frozen embryos that was can work with in the future.

Our first transfer attempt will be on Monday! We are keeping our fingers crossed and our thoughts positive as we go into what could be our first pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you both!!! You both are going to be amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete